CentraState Medical Center is currently seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RN) for several department including Medical/Surgical, ED, LDRP, Float Pool, ICU, Step Down, Neonatal, Behavioral Health, Emergency Department, and others on various shifts. We have full-time, part-time and per diem opportunities. Please apply to this position if you would like to be considered for various openings throughout the hospital.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent and continuous.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan nursing interventions and evaluation and patient progress in medical record according to
- hospital/nursing policy and the Nursing Standards of Care/Practice for the specific patient type.
- Appropriately analyzes patient information/assessment to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi disciplinary approach.
- Recognizes adverse reaction to medications and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Evaluates the patient’s needs for discharge and accesses appropriate resources for the patient and/or family.
- Consistently provides written and verbal education to patients and/or families.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Delegates components of care to non-professional caregivers as appropriate.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the best patient outcomes.
- Functions as a Resource Nurse, making decisions in the absence of the Clinical Leader and/or the Nurse Manager.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
- Consistently promotes teamwork within the unit and between departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN license/NJ required.
- BLS certification required.
- IV certification required.
The specialty credentialing listed is required to be achieved within the first year and maintained thereafter including ACLS, PALS and CPR. Specialty professional nursing certification preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.