Performs a variety of nursing services to Cath Lab patients including technical and patient care as they relate to Invasive Cardiovascular services. Works collaboratively and is expected to function in the roles of nurse, monitor and radiology. Sets up electrical and hemodynamic transducers, calibrates, obtains and records angiographic data, assesses continuously and attends to patient needs, administers medications, assists in arterial and venous blood sampling, mentors new staff, monitors patients vital signs, participates in life-saving measures. Performs age appropriate care while assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent, and continuous. This assessment is communicated effectively and documented.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi disciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Maintains and upgrades own nursing practice and development.
- Educates patient in cardiac disease process and introduces cardiac rehab recovery plan.
Two years critical care experience, or clinical cardiology, radiology or closely related field for at least 3 years.
Licenses and Certifications:
Active NJ RN license required
IV certification required
Speciality certification preferred. Moderate Sedation certification required. Basic knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology and hemodynamics.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.