Labor & Delivery, Recovery, & Postpartum: Have you thought about pursuing a career in the rewarding specialty of obstetrics? Experience a unit where you can contribute to roughly 600 births annually, and then go on to care for those new moms and babies during the postpartum period. With the highly appealing nurse to patient ratios of 1 to 1 or 2 for laboring patients and 1 to 3 mother-baby couplets, this is the perfect unit to establish or progress your career in the fulfilling specialty of obstetrics/maternal-child health. The patient population on this unit encompasses care of the antepartum and intrapartum patient during the labor process and/or cesarean section, and care of the mom and newborn couplet after delivery. Additional opportunities exist to hone and enhance skills in breastfeeding/lactation, fetal monitoring, bereavement training, OR training, and potential cross-training to the neonatal unit. With self-scheduling and experienced management, experience a highly fulfilling specialty of obstetrics in a flexible, teamwork-based environment.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity available for a Registered Nurse (RN). The Registered Nurse (RN) Administers culturally sensitive nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, JCAHO, professional standards and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures in accordance with evidence based nursing practice. Utilizes the Nursing Process in providing patient centered care. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care through the analysis of nurse sensitive indicators and patient outcomes. Orientation will include satisfactory completion of CPR Certification, IV Course, and Departmental Orientation. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver patient care.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual needs to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent and continuous. This assessment is communicated effectively utilizing Hand-off policy and documented.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan nursing interventions and evaluation and patient progress in medical record according to hospital/nursing policy and the Nursing Standards of Care/Practice for the specific patient type.
- Appropriately analyzes patient information /assessment to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi disciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medication as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Delegates components of care to non-professional caregivers as appropriate. Follows up on any delegated components of care and assignments given.
- Make decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the best patient outcomes.
- Follow CSHS Pain Assessment policy.
- Successfully functions as a Resource Nurse, making decisions in the absence of the Clinical Leader and/or the Nurse Manager.
- Supports cost containment through efficient use of equipment, supplies and other pertinent resources.
- Recognizes adverse reaction to medications and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Evaluates the patient’s needs for discharge and accesses appropriate resources for the patient and/or family.
- Consistently provides written and verbal education to patients and/or families.
- Successfully functions as a preceptor/mentor to students and new staff members.
- Consistently promotes teamwork within the unit and between departments.
- Consistently adheres to hospital policy regarding the insertion, maintenance and removal of foley catheters.
- Able to verbalize and demonstrate proper rationale and techniques surrounding all aspects of indwelling urinary catheter care as per policy #4668.
- Fulfills the requirements for competencies and completion of annual mandatories surrounding indwelling urinary catheters.
- Scrubs in for cesarean sections.
- Takes on call coverage as needed.
- Bachelor’s Nursing Required
- Related experience preferred
- RN License / New Jersey Required
- BLS certification Required
- ACLS required prior to starting Labor and Delivery orientation
- Specialty credentialing required to be achieved within the first year and maintained thereafter include: CSMC IV Certification, NRP and Basic Fetal Monitoring.
- Specialty professional nursing certification preferred.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.