Administers nursing care to assigned Residents that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, Joint Commission and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent, and continuous. This assessment is communicated effectively and documented.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies Resident problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes Resident and Family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications following CSHS policies and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Recognizes changes in Resident condition and/or emergency situations and takes immediate and ap0propriate action.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and non-professional caregivers as appropriate.
- Makes decision and demonstrates knowledge of nursing practice, utilizes sound nursing judgment in critical and Resident care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of Residents and in the coordination of are to assure the achievement of maximum outcomes.
- Documents pain assessment, intervention and follow-up.
- In conjunction with the Nurse Manager, participates in the evaluation of the nursing staff and identifies performance goals.
- Provides Resident/family with education regarding pain.
Bachelor’s Nursing Preferred
Additional Educational Requirements
Graduate of an approved program for Registered nurses currently licensed to practice in NJ.
Previous Related Experience Preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
RN License / New Jersey Required
CPR certification Required
RAC-CP certification Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured Residents.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.