Administers nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, ARIN (Association for Radiologic & Imaging Nursing), the NJ Practice Act, Joint Commission and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures. Provides 24 hour on-call weekend coverage on a rotating basis from Friday 5:00pm through Sunday.
- Implements nursing care as indicated by patient care plan.
- Provides nursing care for angiographic and other special procedures.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Maintains and upgrades own nursing practice and development.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Participates in unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality improvement strategies.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice; utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care management situations.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients and in the coordination of care to assure the achievement of maximum outcome.
- Starts and monitors IVS and solutions following nursing department policies and procedures.
- Acts as liaison between Nursing and Radiology departments.
- Controls all medications and controlled drugs in the Radiology Department.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan and patient progress in medical record.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Assesses and monitors patient condition while patient is in Radiology Department.
Bachelor’s Nursing Preferred
Graduate of an approved program for Registered Nurses.
2 Years of Nursing Experience including Critical Care Experience
Licenses and Certifications:
RN License / New Jersey Required
BLS Certification Required
ACLS certification Required
IV therapy certification Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Continuously
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.