The RN Residency Program at CentraState supports you, as a newly hired graduate, during your transition from classroom and clinical rotations to your first work experience. This twelve month orientation offers great flexibility in meeting your individual needs. It is a time for continued learning, as well as an opportunity to develop the confidence and comfort to work independently in the hospital setting.
As a Resident, you will:
- Be hired as a full-time, benefit eligible employee
- Competitive starting pay and total rewards package
- Balance between classroom learning and on-the-floor exposure
- Be paired with a trained and experienced preceptor on your unit
- Given a gradual increase in responsibility over time
- Will receive off-unit experience with the Wound Care Team and Respiratory Therapy Department.
- Build on your clinical, technical, and critical thinking skills
- Learn effective delegation and organizational skills
- Constant engagement with assigned nurse educator, nurse manager and preceptor to ensure clinical skill & critical thinking development
- The length of orientation is individualized based on readiness to take on assignments independently
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript
- Resume & Cover Letter
- BLS (must be issued by American Heart Association)
- All units are open for consideration, however we may not be able to guarantee placement on your preferred unit, so please have 2-3 specialty preferences in mind
- Upon completion of CentraState’s Residency program, RN’s are asked to make a two-year employment commitment.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.