Work for the Healthcare System that Brings Out the Best in You.
When you work with CentraState Healthcare System, you’re not just another employee, you’re part of a community of experts dedicated not only to helping our patients and their families, but also helping each other succeed.
Why Choose CentraState?
With ample opportunity, competitive benefits and a collaborative atmosphere, working at CentraState is not just another job, it’s a way to do what you love and to be your best you!
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
To enhance the health and well being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare.
To have an organization of caring professionals trusted as our community’s healthcare system of choice for clinical excellence.
We are dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and community.
Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work, are essential.
We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change.
This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState’s RN Resident program supports new graduates or nurses looking to work in an area in which they have limited experience. This program offers flexibility to meet the individual needs of each new hire participant. It is a time for continued learning as well as an opportunity to develop the confidence and comfort level to work independently as needed in the healthcare setting.
The RN Resident program is designed and facilitated by CentraState’s Professional Development and Education Department with the goals of:
- Increasing your clinical skills and helping you develop the technical skills needed for the specialty;
- Developing your critical thinking skills;
- Equipping you with effective delegation and organizational skills; and
- Providing mentorship.
As an RN Resident, you initially receive a comprehensive orientation–including a thorough review of policies and procedures, instruction in new technical skills and experience on a Med-Surg rotation. You then are paired with a trained preceptor on your unit and given a gradual increase in responsibility over time. You also receive off-unit experiences such as with the IV team and Respiratory Therapy Department.
In addition to a two year commitment to our organization, nurses who are accepted into CentraState’s RN Resident program are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Successful grades in examinations for basic competencies
- Successful completion of a competency skills checklist
- Participation in evaluation sessions (written and verbal) during and at conclusion of the program
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
Related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN license/NJ required.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification to be achieved within First Year then maintained thereafter.
- Successful Completion of Basic Dysrhythmia course to be achieved with First Year.
- CSMC IV Certification to be achieved within First Year.
- Stroke Education requirements to be achieved within First Year then maintained thereafter.
- Specialty professional nursing certification preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.