Assists in the day to day operations of Wound Care Center. Provides clinical support to physicians when needed. Coordinates care of patients throughout center. Performs data gathering and performance improvement duties as needed by center to meet standards. Provides leadership in developing centers and meeting goals of institution.
- Reviews visits for appropriate patients who would benefit from referral to related services including the Hyperbaric program/wellness programs.
- Collects data on patient visit episodes and follow ups to maintain relevant department statistics.
- Answers and provides community with appropriate clinical information via phone, person and other.
- Establishes and maintains insurance matrix for participating physician’s offices.
- Demonstrates professional networking with hospital staff, doctor’s and other healthcare professionals.
- Assists in developing protocols, policies and promotes center services.
- Coordinates services with other health care personnel.
- Provides education to the patient/family regarding the disease processes and planned treatment/intervention. Provides instruction in the areas of health promotion, activity and medication as appropriate.
- Coordinates the workflow and patient assignments in the department.
- Demonstrates autonomy and ability to work independently.
- Assists in the coordination of the department’s education/in-service schedule, and symposium schedule.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress, goal attainment and need for further services following discharge.
- Monitors the department’s inventory of supplies and orders supplies when needed.
- Tracks patients throughout system to insure high quality and expedite care paths.
Bachelor’s Nursing Preferred
Healthcare Experience Required
Additional Experience Requirements
Previous healthcare experience. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Licenses and Certifications:
RN License / New Jersey Required
Additional Certification/Licensure Requirements
Must demonstrate significant progress towards Wound Certification by approved credentialing agency with the goal of obtaining Certification in Wound Care within one year of hire.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Wound background. Strong customer service skills.
Normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.