Resident Service Associate / CHHA assists licensed nursing personnel in providing resident services by assisting residents with daily living activities, assisting with resident meals and maintaining the sanitation of residents’ living areas.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Provides Resident supervision and/or assistance during self-administration of medications and documents accurately.
- Assists in personal Resident care and transfers as necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping duties efficiently.
- Accurately reports concerns or a change in Resident status to the RN/LPN.
- Assists with Resident meal services and participates in the maintenance of the nutritional and hydration needs of the Resident.
- Notifies nurse immediately of Residents having pain/discomfort.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to Resident and nurse.
- Accurately performs and records blood sugar levels and administers insulin to diabetics as prescribed.
- Administers eye drops, inhalers, nebulizer treatments under direction of the delegated RN.
- Applies patches as prescribed by physicians.
- Demonstrates the capability to understand the medication actions of each drug being administered including potentially significant drug interactions, side effects, and potential interactions. Notifies RN immediately for clarification when necessary as mandated by the DOH and Senior Services.
- Does vital signs as ordered by primary care physician.
- Orders and restocks resident prescribed medications as per physician orders.
- Performs daily reconciliation of narcotics with nurses per shift.
- Provides partial and complete care and transfers residents as necessary.
- Under Direction of RN, administers prescribed medications to residents and documents in the medical administration record.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CNA/New Jersey required OR
- CHHA/New Jersey
Must obtain BLS certification within 3 months of employment
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in resident care areas with exposure to infectious diseases, dirt, dust and odors.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.