Monmouth Crossing is an award-winning assisted living facility that offers residents the comforts and privacy of home without the responsibilities. This vibrant senior living community has the perfect balance of independence and support. Our residents enjoy an engaging lifestyle, companionship, and the security of knowing that help is available around the clock if needed. For the past seven years, Monmouth Crossing has earned advanced standing distinction from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services and the Health Care Association of New Jersey. Earning Advanced Standing distinction means that Monmouth Crossing meets or exceeds quality benchmarks, such as ongoing employee training! Monmouth Crossing has also earned the Assisted Living Best Practice Award from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services three times. Last but certainly not least, our resident and family satisfaction scores consistently rank in the top 5 percent nationally according to Holleran scores.
We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Monmouth Crossing- an award-winning Assisted Living Community located in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none with serene outdoor patio areas and beautiful gardens, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Monmouth Crossing has an employment opportunity available for a Resident Service Associate (RSA). The Resident Service Associate / CHHA assists licensed nursing personnel in providing resident services by assisting residents with daily living activities, assisting with resident meals and maintaining the sanitation of residents’ living areas.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Provides Resident supervision and/or assistance during self-administration of medications and documents accurately.
- Assists in personal Resident care and transfers as necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping duties efficiently.
- Accurately reports concerns or a change in Resident status to the RN/LPN.
- Assists with Resident meal services and participates in the maintenance of the nutritional and hydration needs of the Resident.
- Notifies nurse immediately of Residents having pain/discomfort.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to Resident and nurse.
- Accurately performs and records blood sugar levels and administers insulin to diabetics as prescribed.
- Administers eye drops, inhalers, nebulizer treatments under direction of the delegated RN.
- Applies patches as prescribed by physicians.
- Demonstrates the capability to understand the medication actions of each drug being administered including potentially significant drug interactions, side effects, and potential interactions. Notifies RN immediately for clarification when necessary as mandated by the DOH and Senior Services.
- Does vital signs as ordered by primary care physician.
- Orders and restocks resident prescribed medications as per physician orders.
- Performs daily reconciliation of narcotics with nurses per shift.
- Provides partial and complete care and transfers residents as necessary.
- Under Direction of RN, administers prescribed medications to residents and documents in the medical administration record.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience preferred
- CNA/New Jersey required OR
- CHHA/New Jersey
- Must obtain BLS certification within 3 months of employment
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.