Maintains respiratory therapy related equipment and supplies.
- Disassembles and reassembles respiratory therapy equipment as required according to protocol.
- Performs OPV on all equipment as required.
- Performs respiratory charges as assigned, including inpatient oxygen rounds for charges on all units as well as subsequent bipaps and high flow cannulas.
- Maintains proper par levels of respiratory equipment at all times in all areas: RT supply areas, ABG rooms, warehouse items, staples items, Lawson items.
- Uses Warehouse Value Link Program to order every day and stock warehouse items.
- Processes rental equipment. Maintains RT office equipment board daily.
- Walks PFT results to and from PFT Lab & MOP office twice per week.
- Responds to respiratory calls for equipment as needed.
- Responsible for oxygen cylinders: one unit check/day, place order, maintain adequate supply and report problems. This includes areas in the ambulatory campus.
- Assists in training all new techs.
- Maintains ABG area supply par levels.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
Related Experience Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Basic reading, writing and math skills required. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Strong customer service skills.
Works in a clean, well-lighted hospital environment. Possible exposure to infectious disease.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.