Initiates and assures completion of the MDS by all disciplines for all residents in accordance with CMA and the NJ DOH guidelines.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Monitors the MDS Transmission Reports to ensure accuracy.
- Identifies, evaluates and interprets Quality Indicator reports.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of residents and in the coordination of are to assure the achievement of maximum outcomes.
- Documents pain assessment, intervention and follow-up.
- Documents reassessment of pain as per facility policy. Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated.
- Provides resident/family with education regarding pain.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and non-professional caregivers as appropriate.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with the multidisciplinary approach for the completion of subsequent assessments based on Medicare regulations, significant changes, annual assessments and quality reviews.
- Consistently includes resident and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Makes decision and demonstrates knowledge of nursing practice, utilizes sound nursing judgment in critical and Resident care management situations.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Previous experience completing the MDS.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN License/New Jersey required.
- CPR certification required.
- IV certification required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal nursing home environment with frequent exposure to residents who are ill.
Daily potential exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.