CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center a community-based hospital, an ambulatory campus, three senior living facilities and three free-standing community health pavilions, and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState’s Magnet Recognized nursing department has an employment opportunity for a RN Workforce / Patient Experience Coordinator. RN Workforce / Patient Experience Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining retention programs and system wide initiatives aimed at retaining nursing talent. Creates and maintains a supportive nursing culture. Supports the strategic goals and initiatives of the organization. Works collaboratively with Human Resources, following established programs, policies and procedures.
- Promotes nursing best practices pertaining to patient experience.
- Provides real time coaching and recognition to nurses regarding Compassionate Connected Care behaviors.
- Partners with the Director of Patient Experience in education and training regarding patient experience.
- Supports the professional development and engagement of nurses by communicating directly with those who seek new positions within CentraState.
- Develops a process for learning about nurses seeking external employment and to meet with them to gain insight on reasons for potential resignations. Inspires those nurses to continue their career at CentraState.
- Follows up on RN exit interview information provided by Human Resources. Works collaboratively with nurse managers to positively impact nurses’ work environments based on exit interview feedback.
- Develops methods to increase clinical ladder participation, such as hosting monthly webinars on how to get active in the organization, hosting Q&A sessions on development of the application, and assisting nurses in developing SMART goals for their application year.
- Creates ways to celebrate newly certified nurses at the bedside such as hand delivering certificates to the unit when the nurse becomes certified. Plans Certified Nurses Day activities.
- Supports the Nurse Resident program. Acts as a mentor to the residents by meeting with them regularly to resolve any concerns and to ensure a smooth transition off residency.
- Leads the System-wide recognition committee. Acts as a resource to the committee in the planning of the annual Nurses Week activities.
- Provides resume building and coaching to nurses as requested.
- Manages the nurse succession planning program. Ensures nurses on a succession career path are meeting their goals. Informs nurses of available opportunities and provides guidance for transition into their new roles.
- Manages the mentorship program. Encourages enrollment.
- Maintains the nursing webpage on CentraNet, ensuring information is routinely updated and serves as a communication hub.
- Coaches nurse managers on the importance of providing meaningful recognition and provides ideas to celebrate their nurses (thank you cards, applications for nursing excellence award winners, promotion of the CentraStar and Daisy Award recognition tools).
- Meets with newly hired nurses during their orientation process to ensure their learning needs are being met. Obtains positive and negative feedback and resolves concerns.
- Develops “Why you Stay” boards in each unit to promote all the positive, encouraging reasons for continuing nursing careers at CentraState.
- Works collaboratively with the Business Manager of Nursing on workforce planning, predicting future turnover based on anticipated nurse retirements.
- Develops and maintains unit descriptions to ensure nurses understand the expectations of their unit, such as the patient population cared for.
- Arranges shadowing and “day in the life” offerings.
- In conjunction with Professional Development, creates a Staff Assistance Program for nurse residents struggling to successfully complete nursing orientation.
- Assists in the Nurse Externs’ transition the RN Residency program and inspires them to stay the course, promoting the rewarding RN career that awaits them at CentraState.
- Hosts the annual Professional Development Day. Invites colleges onsite and provides information about certifications and other programs available to nurses.
- Visits the nursing programs at local colleges to continue to keep CentraState in front as an employer of choice for nurses.
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an administrative or program management role in a Nursing department.
- Licensed RN in NJ.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary nursing care practices and care delivery structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to form strong, positive relationships.
- Effective organization, planning and follow-up skills.
- Basic understanding of HR metrics (ex: retention, turnover) and HR programs (ex: Internal Application Process, Tuition Assistance).
- The ability to coach and inspire others.
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.