Provides supportive nursing assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards: Joint Commission, and CSHS policies and procedures. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department. Attends system-wide orientation and nursing orientation.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Follows Standard Precautions.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Remains with patient(s) AT ALL TIMES as directed by the registered nurse.
- Identifies self to patient and/or family members or significant others.
- Report behavior changes and patient requests to patient care provider. DOES NOT leave patient unattended, even while reporting observations.
- Call for assistance from Nursing staff if needed. May initiate a Code Gray if warranted. NEVER LEAVING PATIENT UNATTENDED.
- May be called upon to assist Nursing staff in the restraining of patient (if needed).
- Maintain patient rooms in neat, orderly manner.
- Identifies risk management concerns and communicates findings to the appropriate individual(s) as related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care (as needed).
- Demonstrates initiative in the work environment (self-starter).
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Assists with patient meal services.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic patient care with practitioner.
- Reports and documents status of patient condition and patient care outcomes to RN.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patient’s complaints of pain/discomfort and any observed change in condition. Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Verbalizes/performs understanding of 1:1 precautions and documents appropriately.
- Conducts rounding on patients in accordance with hospital policy/protocol.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Related experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification required. New hires must receive certification within 3 months of hire. Renewal certifications will be completed every 2 years.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal hospital environment with frequent exposure to sick or injured patients.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Continuously
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.