CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity available for a Safety Companion. This is an excellent opportunity for a full-time professionals or students looking to develop skills while in school. This position offers:
- Flexible scheduling
- Hands on patient care
- Exposure to a variety of nursing units andf specialties
- Help develop your skills and experience
- Build relationships
- Workforce devlopment opportunities for growth within
- Tuition reimbursement
The Safety Companion provides supportive nursing assistance to licensed professionals by performing assigned duties and services required to deliver quality patient care. Follows established standards: Joint Commission, and CSHS policies and procedures. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver care in the department. Attends system-wide and Tech/Safety Companion Training:
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient’s individual need.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Follows Standard Precautions.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Remains with patient(s) AT ALL TIMES as directed by the registered nurse.
- Identifies self to patient and/or family members or significant others.
- Report behavior changes and patient requests to patient care provider. DOES NOT leave patient unattended, even while reporting observations.
- Call for assistance from Nursing staff if needed. May initiate a Code Gray if warranted. NEVER LEAVING PATIENT UNATTENDED.
- May be called upon to assist Nursing staff in the restraining of patient (if needed).
- Maintain patient rooms in neat, orderly manner.
- Identifies risk management concerns and communicates findings to the appropriate individual(s) as related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care (as needed).
- Demonstrates initiative in the work environment (self-starter).
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while continually observing patient needs.
- Provides basic nursing care, including partial and/or complete direct personal hygienic care to patients (i.e.: bathing, feeding, diversional activity) and assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Assists with patient meal services.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or therapeutic patient care with practitioner.
- Reports and documents status of patient condition and patient care outcomes to RN.
- Notifies nurse immediately for patient’s complaints of pain/discomfort and any observed change in condition. Provides appropriate interventions for pain as directed by nurse and reports outcomes.
- Verbalizes/performs understanding of 1:1 precautions and documents appropriately.
- Conducts rounding on patients in accordance with hospital policy/protocol.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Related experience preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification required. New hires must receive certification within 3 months of hire. Renewal certifications will be completed every 2 years.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.