Registers and schedules patients according to established procedures. Pre-screens patients to determine accurate financial responsibilities. Secures all legal consents and insurance information, assigns patient rooms in accordance with criteria, verifies insurance coverage, coordinates with Outcomes Managers, and obtains pre-certification authorization, as appropriate.
- Accurately schedules procedural appointments for ancillary services. Obtains all information required by the various departments and documents confirmation information in OR Scheduling system.
- Clearly documents in computer system all special needs and requirements of case.
- Communicates intra-departmental needs for surgical case and documents confirmation information to show readiness for procedure.
- Completes quality check for accuracy of case detail.
- Confirms next day’s procedural appointments with Medical office staff.
- Handles departmental paperwork flow in a manner consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Readily communicates professionally with ancillary departments to insure accuracy of procedural appointments scheduled. Calls Medical office staff directly with questions or for clarification of procedure or special needs.
- Reviews scheduled procedures for next day’s schedule for accuracy and completeness.
- Schedules procedures based on procedural need, available time and service line and equipment requirements.
- Schedules cases via fax, email, telephone call or face to face interaction with Medical staff.
- Schedules surgical cases in OR Management Scheduling system, following all departmental procedures to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Schedules procedures in appropriate area based on procedural requirements.
- Takes initiative to move cases, attentive to vertical scheduling, procedural and equipment needs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Hospital experience in registration and billing preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong comprehension of Medical terminology and CPT code procedural classification.
Normal office environment with possible exposure to infectious patients.
Potential exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.