CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Access services is comprised of Central Scheduling, Outpatient Registration, Admitting, Insurance Verification, Cashier and ED Registration and Reception. Some benchmarks that we are very proud of include:
- Average wait/registration time is 9 minutes, compared to the national average of 11 minutes
- 60% of the Access Services are nationally Certified Healthcare Access Associates
- Outpatient Registration/Scheduling and ED Registration have been in the 90th percentile for the last 10 years
This department works closely as a team as a part of our revenue cycle management division.
- Using critical thinking skills, accurately schedules patient appointments for all outpatient services.
- Accurately schedules patients for physician appointments following all Family Practice guidelines.
- Coordinates all resources needed to accurately schedule patient appointments in a variety of systems.
- Utilizes independent thinking skills and resources available in multiple systems to coordinate all resources that are available and in place for patient appointments.
- Tactfully and professionally interacts daily with physicians to ensure patients are scheduled appropriately.
- Troubleshoots all issues related to scheduling process including but not limited to adjusting resources for optimum scheduling and physician satisfaction.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations with patients and/or clinicians knowing that all calls are recorded and the hospital’s emphasis is on patient and physician satisfaction.
- Communicates with internal and external contacts as required with a high degree of tact and professional discretion.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of CentraState Healthcare System policies and regulatory agencies in area of responsibility.
- Maintains open communications with hospital departments and medical staff to facilitate patient visits.
- Provides personalized service to patients for specific diagnostic procedures.
- Ensures data entry is accurate and is completed based on established priorities.
- Registers each account in hospital registration system following all departmental procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Obtains and determines the coordination of benefits and accurately inputs into registration system following industry standards and departmental procedure.
- Clearly documents in computer system all communication with physicians, physician office, patients and/or family members. Documents any exceptions to standard procedure.
- Completes quality checks and reviews each registration for correct information. Seeks assistance and plans corrective action.
- Handles departmental paperwork flow in a manner consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicates with patients clearly and professionally to accurately provide preps for all tests, making sure instructions are understood by patient; as well as documenting providing directions and insurance guidelines. Documents communication with patients as needed.
- Has acquired knowledge on booking interventional radiology exams to communicate clinical needs to patient including list of medicines that patient may and may not consume prior to exam. Documents all information accurately.
- Readily communicates with ancillary departments to ensure accuracy in appointments scheduled. Calls departments directly with questions regarding types of tests to be scheduled, questions regarding preps, or with last-minute cancellations. Documents communication with departments in appropriate patient charts.
- Takes the initiative in contacting patients that have been scheduled by other departments in order to obtain accurate preregistration information.
- Makes complete and appropriate notations on appointments not scheduled/pre-registered by patients and places all information on such in appropriate pre-registration folder for later follow-up.
- Answers patient calls in a professional, courteous and timely manner, understanding that paperwork, although necessary, must be put aside for a later time.
- Responsible to obtain physician order for testing and contact patient to schedule and pre-register patient and make all appropriate documentation in software system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital experience in registration and billing preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong customer service skills
- Must have the ability to multi task between multiple software systems and intuitively have the ability to choose the appropriate system
- Must have professional and above average communication skills to deal with clinical staff
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.