CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Operating Room Scheduling Coordinator registers and schedules patients according to established procedures. Pre-screens patients to determine accurate financial responsibilities. Secures all legal consents and insurance information, assigns patient rooms in accordance with criteria, verifies insurance coverage, coordinates with Outcomes Managers, and obtains pre-certification authorization, as appropriate.
Work Schedule 9:30am – 5:30pm Mon-Fri only
- Accurately schedules procedural appointments for ancillary services. Obtains all information required by the various departments and documents confirmation information in OR Scheduling system.
- Clearly documents in computer system all special needs and requirements of case.
- Communicates intra-departmental needs for surgical case and documents confirmation information to show readiness for procedure.
- Completes quality check for accuracy of case detail.
- Confirms next day’s procedural appointments with Medical office staff.
- Handles departmental paperwork flow in a manner consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Readily communicates professionally with ancillary departments to insure accuracy of procedural appointments scheduled. Calls Medical office staff directly with questions or for clarification of procedure or special needs.
- Reviews scheduled procedures for next day’s schedule for accuracy and completeness.
- Schedules procedures based on procedural need, available time and service line and equipment requirements.
- Schedules cases via fax, email, telephone call or face to face interaction with Medical staff.
- Schedules surgical cases in OR Management Scheduling system, following all departmental procedures to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Schedules procedures in appropriate area based on procedural requirements.
- Takes initiative to move cases, attentive to vertical scheduling, procedural and equipment needs.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Hospital experience in registration and billing preferred
Strong customer service skills
Strong comprehension of Medical terminology and CPT code procedural classification
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.