CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Scrub Technician II for the Operating Room. The Scrub Technician II functions as a member of the surgical team under the direct supervision of an RN. Scrub Technician II performs scrub duties on surgical cases and assists RN in setting up for surgical procedures. On-call coverage for off hours, weekends, and holidays is expected.
- Maintains aseptic technique throughout surgical procedure. Reports and breaks in technique to surgeon and circulator.
- Reports any defective equipment immediately.
- Obtains extra equipment necessary for surgical procedure.
- Observes progress of surgery and demonstrates an ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and possible need for additional instruments and supplies.
- Opens sterile supplies using appropriate technique.
- Clarifies name and expiration of medication with circulator.
- Labels all medications and solutions used on surgical field.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of drug actions used in surgery.
- Arranges instruments and supplies properly for specific procedure.
- Maintains surgical field in orderly fashion to facilitate accessibility and relief by another staff member.
- Returns supplies to proper areas.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the function of the sterilization and decontamination principles.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused on the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and /or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Performs count properly following CentraState Medical Center policy and procedure.
- Is aware of corrective action taken when count is incorrect.
- Signs operative record appropriately when count is complete at end of case.
High school graduate or equivalency. Successful completion of OR Technician program (or graduate of accredited LPN program with NJ license)
Previous related experience a plus
Licenses and Certifications:
CPR certification required
Successful completion of a nationally or regionally accredited educational program for surgical technologists. Must have completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps OR Coast Guard of the United States. The certification must be held and maintained by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.