Provides security to the facility, employees, equipment, supplies and drugs. Controls traffic around, inside and outside of the facility with the general welfare and safety of patients and employees being the primary goal.
- Makes regular tours of the facility and parking lots in order to detect safety and fire hazards, conditions that may breed theft and suspicious looking persons.
- Locks and unlocks doors as required.
- Assists in conducting fire drills and responds in actual emergencies.
- Assists with unruly patients/residents or other individuals.
- Escorts off-shift employees to their cars.
- Delivers bodies to the morgue.
- Maintains daily ODR report.
- Keeps a written log of, and reports all unusual incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates skill in operating the fire alarm system and firefighting equipment.
- Works as valet and courier when needed.
- Checks in visitors to the facility (patient family members, vendors, etc.) using the visitor control system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Mandatory attendance in required training of “Appropriate Handling of Unruly and Dangerous Patients” and “Nonviolent Crisis Intervention” must completed within 6 months of hire and annually thereafter.
Prior security experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid NJ driver’s license
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Exceptional customer service skills.
For visitor control responsibilities, must have:
• Basic Computer Knowledge
• Mindfulness of surroundings (suspicious packages, people etc.)
• Skills in dealing with visitors/contractors reluctant to abide with visitor control requirements.
Intermittent exposure to unpleasant physical activities such as inclement weather, very ill patients, accident victims, etc. Delivers to the morgue.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.