Provides security to the facility, employees, equipment, supplies and drugs. Controls traffic around, inside and outside of the facility with the general welfare and safety of patients and employees being the primary goal.
- Makes regular tours of the facility and parking lots in order to detect safety and fire hazards, conditions that may breed theft and suspicious looking persons.
- Locks and unlocks doors as required.
- Assists in conducting fire drills and responds in actual emergencies.
- Assists with unruly patients/residents or other individuals.
- Escorts off-shift employees to their cars.
- Delivers bodies to the morgue.
- Maintains daily ODR report.
- Keeps a written log of, and reports all unusual incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates skill in operating the fire alarm system and firefighting equipment.
- Works as valet and courier when needed.
- Checks in visitors to the facility (patient family members, vendors, etc.) using the visitor control system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must Complete assigned education by Crisis Prevention Institute.
Prior security experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid NJ driver’s license
Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification required. New hires must receive certification within 3 months of hire. Renewal certifications will be completed every 2 years.
Must complete assigned education provided by Crisis Prevention Institute.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Exceptional customer service skills.
For visitor control responsibilities, must have:
• Basic Computer Knowledge
• Mindfulness of surroundings (suspicious packages, people etc.)
• Skills in dealing with visitors/contractors reluctant to abide with visitor control requirements.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.