Performs statistical and accounting duties for CentraState Medical Center.
- Maintains cash flow requirement for three Senior Services entities
- Maintains Applewood Estates entrance fee amortization schedules.
- Maintains daily cash receipts reports for three Senior Services entities.
- Maintains billing register for revenue recognition.
- Maintains Applewood daily move-in schedules by contract type and unit sold.
- Maintains monthly fix asset system and preparing reconciliations for audit purposes.
- Assists in preparation of 990 non-for–profit tax returns for Senior Services entities.
- Prepares monthly financial statements (Balance Sheet and P&L) for the three Senior Services entities in accordance with GAAP.
- Analyzes monthly expenses against budget, reports variances, and records accruals as necessary.
- Prepares audit worksheets for external audit purposes.
- Prepares census and payer mix reports for Senior Services entities.
- Prepares accurate bank and investment reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies for three Senior Service entities.
- Reconciles Medicaid Pending analysis.
- Reconciles and reviews all payroll 941 tax submissions.
- Prepares cost report workpapers.
- Supports payroll operations and reviews tax tables, PTO buy-back reports and evaluating long term life insurance.
- Assists the Accounting Manager of Senior Services, the Controller, and the VP Finance with special projects as assigned.
- Identifies procedures needing improvement and recommends appropriate corrective action to management.
- Prepares accurate analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts. Prepares monthly inter-company reconciliation.
- Reviews financial systems and interfaces between systems, and recommends enhancements to streamline departmental work-flow and improve departmental efficiencies.
- Utilizes system report writers to produce custom reports for finance and other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Three (3) years of accounting in a healthcare facility is required.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.