The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will be a key member of the Operational and Clinical Effectiveness team at CentraState Healthcare System. We are seeking a BI Analyst to work with our organization’s Executives to build analytic solutions which support the overall mission, clinical goals, operational goals, and strategic goals of CentraState. Operate as an internal consultant by applying high order analytics and business expertise to transform data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
Core duties will include the ability to determine business requirements, priorities and define key performance indicators; design dashboards, alerts, and reports; provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
The Senior BI Analyst may assume personal responsibility as the project manager for institutional projects that are complex in scope, enterprise-wide, or have significant impact across the organization.
- The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst identifies trends, anomalies, opportunities and presents analysis, in an effort to improve clinical quality, patient safety, medical costs, and health outcomes
- Identify opportunities related to cost, utilization, and quality, and report finding to operational leaders and customers
- Provide structured analyses of operations to help determine specific opportunities for clinical performance improvements
- Partner with operational leaders, department directors and clients to share trends from data, prepare and present graphs and measurement tools, and report variances in data.
- Develop reports, visualizations, and custom extracts using PowerBI & other business intelligence tools.
- Participates in assessments of market position, developments, trends, demographics, strategic options in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Explore the data and discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
- Research business problems and create models that help analyze business problems.
- Participate in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Summarize and present data outcomes, recommendations, and methodology to analytics leadership, department leadership, and enterprise stakeholders
- Hold oneself accountable for the accuracy, completeness, quality, and relevance of deliverables in order to own responsibility for work product and consider these factors in the end-to-end analytical process, from data gathering to analysis to formatting and presentation
- Consistently views data as a secure asset providing access only to those that must utilize for daily decision making, strategic planning and business initiatives.
- Three to five (3-5) years or more of progressive experience in the strategic planning, business development, administration, and operations management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Familiarity with healthcare data
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects and leading enterprise-wide project implementations
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization from executive, middle management to front-line team members
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making with the ability to communicate and build effective working relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify problems and challenges, assess potential solutions, and draw sound conclusions while acquiring buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Ability to work with data warehousing and business intelligence systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in ambiguous situations and provide structure to drive outcomes and course correct when needed
- Skill in using computer and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.