Provides discharge planning assistance, supportive counseling and advocacy services to assigned residents and their families as needed.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Assists the Resident in the exercise of his/her rights and informs the Resident of any responsibilities incumbent upon him/her in the exercise of those rights.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for. Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes lifespan education as appropriate.
- BS/BA in Social Work from accredited college or university and internship required.
- Previous experience in medical social work preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified Social Worker required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in normal office environment. Possible exposure to unpleasant conditions including uncooperative patients and/or family members.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Occasionally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.