CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center’s Care Coordination department is seeking a Social Worker LSW / MSW. The Social Worker LSW / MSW provides discharge planning assistance, supportive counseling and advocacy service to assigned patients and their families.
Schedule is part time as follows:
Week 1: Monday, Friday, Saturday 8a-4p
Week 2: Monday, Friday, 8a-4p
- Assesses patient’s social services and discharge planning needs and their ability to provide for those needs following hospitalization.
- Identifies situations indicating possible abuse, dependencies, growth and development problems, and sexual orientation issues and follows up appropriately.
- Provides support to patients and families coping with illness and hospitalization.
- Makes recommendations regarding needs of patients and suggestions for providing more effective comprehensive care and social work services.
- Refers patients to appropriate community agencies for concrete services following discharge.
- Provides assistance to patients and families requiring complex and comprehensive discharge planning.
- Screens patients in critical care areas weekly.
- Provides intervention for high risk patients as indicated.
- Recognizes possible cases of abuse and refers to appropriate agencies for investigation and follows-up as appropriate.
- Coordinates and administers social work student intern programs.
- Documents all assessments, referrals and interventions in the patient’s medical record.
- Maintains monthly statistics with regard to patients served and completes monthly report.
- Receives formal in-service on all CentraState Nursing Care Facilities including Level of Care and admission criteria.
- Liaison to CentraState Nursing Care Facilities and monitors referral process and volume.
Master’s Social Work Required
Minimum of two years’ experience in medical social work strongly preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Licensed Social Worker / New Jersey Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.