Sr. Biomedical Technician oversees the daily workload of the biomedical personnel. Maintains adequate inventory and up-to-date polices and procedures and computer system for biomedical equipment. Troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventive maintenance and performance assurance on patient care equipment.
There is on-call requirement every 3 weeks, including weekends and all nights. Must respond to all calls. This is a supervisory position requiring managing the existing staff and responsibility for all regulatory documentation.
- Serves as a technical resource to other biomedical technicians.
- Ensures staff follow Medical Center and departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews policy and procedures and recommends updates and revisions to Director as indicated. Trains staff on changes as needed.
- Monitors work of biomedical personnel.
- Distributes daily work equitably among staff.
- Assists in interviewing and selecting new biomedical personnel.
- Assist in on-the-job training of new employees.
- Evaluates biomedical personnel performance for performance evaluations in a timely fashion.
- Performs safety tests, repairs, calibration and preventive maintenance for all patient equipment.
- Responds to emergency calls within 30 minutes.
- Downtime on critical systems such as defibrillators, electro-surgical units and monitoring systems shall not exceed one day.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety, quality assurance, environmental and infection control.
- Screens malfunctioning equipment and contacts vendor for repairs as appropriate.
- Uses good judgment in determining when repairs can be completed in-house, and when manufacturer or service firm should be contacted.
- Inspects incoming biomedical equipment and ensures equipment meets manufacturer specifications and hospital guidelines for safe and proper use.
- Identifies safety issues and corrects or rejects equipment as appropriate.
- Oversees work of vendors and contractors during installation of new equipment.
- Ensures new equipment installed safely and in compliance with standards of regulatory and examining agencies.
- Ensures work area is kept neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Maintains reference material, instruction manuals, and manufacturer specifications for all hospital biomedical equipment. Performs audit and update of materials annually.
- Ensures all manuals are on-site or on order within one month of receipt of new equipment. Follows up on orders to ensure manuals are received.
- Maintains accurate and complete logs following departmental guidelines.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Reviews discipline-specific literature and informs Director of major issues and developments and recommends appropriate actions.
- Accurately responds to technical or operational questions.
- Ensures equipment is being used safely, and implements actions to eliminate unsafe acts or conditions when needed.
- Evaluates proposed purchase of new equipment to ensure that hospital departmental needs are fulfilled and offers opinion of proposed purchases based on technical expertise.
- Maintains proper inventories of parts to facilitate repair and preventive maintenance of equipment and appropriately balances needs of department and cost control when determining inventory needs and ordering parts and supplies.
- Associates degree required or military trained (BMET) Biomedical Equipment Technician with extensive, demonstrable and documented experience in the field can be considered
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in the maintenance, repair, calibration, and safety testing of biomedical equipment
- Must be familiar with analog and digital electronic principles and theory, laboratory instrumentation and have the ability to interpret wiring diagrams and schematic drawings
- Must be able to build and set-up test circuits for specific tests and measurements
- Previous experience preferred
- AAMI (CBET) Certification required
- Possesses understanding and skills related to medical equipment systems and devices
- Possesses understanding of medical PCs, peripherals, medical network hardware and clinical network applications
- Significant working knowledge of physiology, anatomy and medical terminology with emphasis in clinical application and troubleshooting
- Strong math background including algebra and trigonometry required
- Ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally required
- Must be able to meet deadlines
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.