CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician. Sterile Processing Technician maintains Sterile Processing Service standards for cleaning, processing, assembling, sterilizing, storage and distribution of sterile supplies and patient care equipment. Sterile Processing Technician monitors and evaluates sterilization process.
- Ensures soiled equipment is retrieved from patient care area in a timely manner. All contaminated equipment should be covered for transport.
- Is able to distinguish between different disinfectants and detergents and know how to use and what to use them on.
- Follows set procedures using Preference Sheet, Count Sheets and or computer.
- Remove instruments requiring repair, replace as needed reports damaged or missing instruments to SPD manager.
- Follows manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Is able to use Steam Sterilizers, Steris System I, Sterrad, and instrument washer.
- Accurately reads and signs all sterilization recording charts.
- Performs Bowie Dick test and biological test and accurately documents results.
- Follows procedure for distribution of sterile supplies.
- Stocks and transports case carts according to policy and procedure.
- Distributes patient care equipment in a timely manner.
- Follows Sterile Storage Policy.
- Checks expiration date on sterile items. Rotates stock in Sterile Storage.
- Ensures linen is de-linted and inspected for holes.
- Assists in the picking and loading of supplies and instrumentation for the next day’s Main OR and Labor & Delivery schedules.
- Collaborates with O/R staff and Desk Coordinator to facilitate instruments for cases and promotes expedient turnover.
- Follows procedure for inventory of all patient care equipment.
- Checks orders to ensure proper items are being signed for.
- Participates in PI/QA activities as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent is required
Sterile Processing Technician training course
One year as a sterile processing technician preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
Certification as Sterile Processing Technician
National sterile processing program recognized by the NJSDHSS
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Verbal and written communications skills required
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.