CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
CentraState Healthcare System is seeking an Accounting Manager in Freehold, NJ. Accounting Manager assists with the direction and supervision of the overall operation of the General Accounting Department. Works within the department to operationalize the patient
care and service goals and objectives established by management.
- Prepares monthly financial statements including cash flow in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain operating lease schedule
- Analyzes and reconciles investment portfolios and records to GAAP compliance
- Supervises staff accountant, reviews bank reconciliations and journal entries for accuracy
- Assists controller with completion of annual audit with external auditors within time frame established
- Collaborates with controller to establish goals and objectives.
- Develops plans to meet goals and objectives. Assists staff with planning process and its
implementation to meet established objectives.
- Assist with preparation of tax forms including 990
- Cross trains staff in all areas of finance operations and helps with operational efficiency
- Completes accurate budget and variance analysis within established time frames with department heads, VPs, managers and COO.
- Assists the Controller and VP Finance with special projects as assigned.
- Monitors department operations and makes recommendations where necessary to optimize financial performance.
- Ensures completion of all required reports and documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required
Master’s degree preferred
Five (5) years accounting/business experience, non-profit a plus
Supervisory experience preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of GAAP accounting, cost studies and budgeting. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Strong Excel and accounting software skills.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.