Under the direction of the Director of Food Services, plans, coordinates and supervises the day-to-day operation of the Cafe in a
manner consistent with departmental goals and objectives
- Orders items as needed for the Food Service operation in conjunction with the Buyer.
Ensures all Food Services equipment is maintained: clean, sanitary, and operationally safe
- Reports any problems and takes necessary steps to correct the problem.
Maintains and oversees daily cashier/sales reports and needed log books as required.
- Continuously plans creative, interesting, and cost effective menus and specials.
- As needed, is flexible and able to cook, prep and be able to help in any area of café that is
- Maintains the front of the house; neat, tidy, display units are fully stocked, chairs, tables and
condiment station maintained appropriately, and floors clean at all times.
- Ensures food handling and safety standards are in place and monitored closely with an
emphasis on time and temperature maintenance, both hot and cold food production.
- Ensures Food Service areas are set up as required for all meals, special meals, catered
events, and meetings.
- Supervises daily food and supply inventory and ensures proper storage standards and
regulations are maintained.
- Supervises the cash handling procedures and ensures all practices and policies are
- Records and tracks intradepartmental charges and ensures charges and credits are
- Assists the Retail Manager to create and develop marketing strategies for the café with
posting daily/weekly menus, flyers, specials, etc.
- Prepares and oversees the employee schedules for areas of responsibility.
High School graduate or equivalent with additional training in food management. Associates degree preferred.
Minimum of three years food service experience required.
Previous supervisory therapeutic cooking experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certified in Sanitation Management required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Must have math ability to be able to track costs and revenue and prepare related reports. Strong professional, organizational,
and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal food service environment with intermittent exposure to changes in temperature.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Occasionally
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Never
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.