Assists Manager, PFS and Director, PFS in the general operational activities of the Patient Financial Services Department.
- Assists Manager, PFS and Director, PFS in the general operational activities of the Patient Financial Services Department.
- Obtains information regarding payor requirements from various sources and acts as a resource for staff regarding payor changes and updates.
- Collaborates with various departments as directed to facilitate timely submission of claims to insurance carriers.
- At the direction of management, collaborates with Case Management, Managed Care, Revenue Integrity and clinical departments to address, appeal and reduce denials.
- Works claims to provide support for billing teams.
- Investigates anomalies in payments/denials and makes recommendations to management.
- Works with management team to assist in the implementation of required or desired payor charges and technology to improve department efficiency and/or cash flow.
- Assists in preparing monthly analysis and reporting for senior management.
- Works reports as directed
- Responsible for timely completion/monitoring of employee time cards on a bi-weekly basis
- Monitors Performance of HB- EPIC Workqueues as directed by Patient Financial Services Management
- Monitors Workflow for PFS initiatives such as the move onto a Centralized Clearinghouse i.e Change Healthcare
- Work in conjunction with Patient Account Specialist to provide training and education to new and existing staff
- Assist in performance evaluation objectives and the onboarding of new Patient Account representatives
- Ensures PFS Employees meet quality metrics as established by management, such as claims worked, actions taken, and account notes
Bachelor’s degree required
Three years’ supervisory experience in a healthcare setting
Three years’ experience within a Patient Accounts/ Patient Financial Services Department
Required Knowledge and Skills:
EPIC Experience Required
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.