Applewood is a continuing care retirement community with 300+ residents is a warm and vibrant residential senior living community for people of ages 62 and older. We offer maintenance-free luxury cottages, senior apartments and a way of life that encourages health and well-being of the mind, body, and spirit. Residents enjoy the freedom to choose from ample on-site services and activities, or they can pursue hobbies and travel on their own without the responsibilities and stress of maintaining a home.
We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Applewood- an award-winning Senior Living Community located on 40 beautiful acres in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Awards and Accreditations:
- Department of Health & Senior Services – Advanced Standing with Distinction
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) 5 Stars, 2020 (Only five of 108 skilled nursing departments in central NJ earned a perfect score in each of the five Medicare categories)
Thrive Care Partner (Certified Nurse Assistant) works with seniors with Alzheimer’s or related dementia in a social model of care as directed by the Thrive program director. Is responsible for direct patient care, including personal care assistance with activities of daily living, helping and/or leading resident in daily activity programs, meal supervision and serving.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Accurately reports concerns or a change in resident status to the RN/LPN.
- Provides partial and complete personal care to the residents.
- Assists with resident meal services and participates in the maintenance of the nutritional and hydration needs of the resident.
- Verbalizes understanding that pain management is a priority to resident and nurse.
- Notifies nurse immediately of residents having pain/discomfort.
- Collects resident data utilizing learned technical skills.
- Assures resident is safe prior to leaving them:
- Has all items within reach
- Call bell within reach
- Alarms attached and working
- Restraints are applied according to care plan
- Bed/chair proper level and location
- Foot rests attached to wheelchair
- Assures residents room is tidy prior to leaving
- Informs resident and escorts to activity as necessary.
- Assists residents with toileting and has proper incontinent product as per care plan.
- Attends IDCP meetings regarding your resident (depending on shift).
- Assures C.N.A care plan is accurate and updates when indicated.
- Communicates ideas and observations.
- Promotes a positive attitude with residents and families.
- Continually improves quality of services provided.
- Provides personal care assistance with ADLs, helping and/or leading resident in daily activity programs, laundry, meal supervision, serving and light preparation.
- Facilitates the resident’s best ability to function in daily ADL’s.
- Facilitates safety and independence by ensuring all safety and adaptive equipment are accessible for the resident prior to leaving their apartment.
- Informs, escorts and assists residents in all activity programming as requested by the Thrive Program Director.
- Engages residents utilizing the Thrive program approaches.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience with residents in a healthcare setting and experience working with those with Alzheimer’s or dementia preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
Certified Nurse Assistant upon hire or within four months of hire required
Successful completion of Dementia Care Foundation Course, competencies and Post Test required within 45 days of hire
A follow-up online certification exam is required within 6 months of the Foundation Course
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.