Transports patients to and from ancillary departments and nursing units as directed.
- Consistently carries and answers walkie-talkie on first page.
- Makes deliveries promptly and returns to work area.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics when moving patients to and from stretchers and wheelchairs and during transport in order to avoid injury to self or others.
- Runs errands as requested when not performing patient transports. Delivers lab specimens, cleans stretchers and wheelchairs, or other requested items to correct departments.
- Ensures stretchers and wheelchairs are in proper working order and notifies transport dispatcher when repairs are needed.
- Cleans equipment and supplies.
- Stores stretchers, wheelchairs and O2 regulators in proper locations.
- Makes rounds at the end of shift (8 pm and 10 pm) to obtain stretchers and wheelchairs. Brings them to storage area for a.m. runs to begin.
- Accurately enters all required data on worksheets. Enters data on a timely basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CPR certified required or must be obtained within the first year of employment.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Normal hospital environment. Intermittent exposure to unpleasant conditions, illnesses and contagious diseases.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Continuously
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Continuously
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.