Transports patients to and from Triage as directed.
- Makes deliveries promptly and returns to work area.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics when moving patients to and from stretchers and wheelchairs and during transport in order to avoid injury to self or others.
- Assists with obtaining vital signs.
- Consistently carries and answers mobile phone.
- Ensures stretchers and wheelchairs are in proper working order and notifies Charge Nurse/Triage Nurse or Nurse Manager when repairs are needed. Cleans equipment and supplies. Stores stretchers, wheelchairs and O2 regulators in proper locations.
- Makes rounds at the end of shift to obtain wheelchairs throughout the department.
- Runs errands as requested when not performing patient transports. Delivers lab specimens, obtains equipment from Sterile Processing/Warehouse, cleans’ stretchers and wheelchairs, or other requested items to correct departments.
- Offers, assists and/or instructs all patients to gown. Provides privacy and alerts RN of patient arrival.
- Properly identifies the patient to be transported and medical chart, and transports them to the proper location.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CPR Certification required within six (6) weeks of hire and renewals every two (2) years maintained.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Exposure to detergents and other cleaning agents
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Rarely
Standing/Walking – Continuously
Kneeling/Stooping – Occasionally
Bending/Climbing – Continuously
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Continuously
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Continuously
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.