Access services is comprised of Central Scheduling, Outpatient Registration, Admitting, Insurance Verification, Cashier and ED Registration and Reception. Some benchmarks that we are very proud of include:
- Average wait/registration time is 9 minutes, compared to the national average of 11 minutes
- 60% of the Access Services are nationally Certified Healthcare Access Associates
- Outpatient Registration/Scheduling and ED Registration have been in the 90th percentile for the last 10 years
This department works closely as a team as a part of our revenue cycle management division.
- Verifies each account in hospital registration system following all departmental procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Obtains and determines the coordination of benefits and accurately inputs into computer software.
- Clearly documents in computer system all communication with patients, family embers, insurance companies and physicians.
- Completes quality checks and the review of each account for correct information.
- Re-verifies denied accounts. Resubmits and completes process for appeal.
- Coordinates with insurance companies, patients, physicians, and/or employers to verify coverage, to notify of services and to obtain pre-certification and/or referral
- Coordinates discussions with physicians and physician’s staff and patients on status of account and actions that will be taken.
- Facilitates discussion with patients and/or families on patient’s financial responsibilities.
- Investigates all self pay, workers compensation, no fault and secondary coverage.
- Accurately completes all forms required for a complete verification and sends to
- appropriate entity, Medicaid requirements to Self Pay Company, 21 day notices to No Fault Carriers, ABN to out patient departments.
- Works with physician offices to ensure accurate CPT coding for authorizations and maximum payment of contracted rates.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Previous hospital experience in scheduling, registration or billing preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology and strong customer service skills required.
Normal office environment with possible exposure to infectious patients.
Potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Occasionally
Kneeling/Stooping – Never
Bending/Climbing – Never
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.