CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Access services is comprised of Central Scheduling, Outpatient Registration, Admitting, Insurance Verification, Cashier and ED Registration and Reception. Some benchmarks that we are very proud of include:
- Average wait/registration time is 9 minutes, compared to the national average of 11 minutes
- 60% of the Access Services are nationally Certified Healthcare Access Associates
- Outpatient Registration/Scheduling and ED Registration have been in the 90th percentile for the last 10 years
This department works closely as a team as a part of our revenue cycle management division.
Hours are 9-5 Monday - Friday w/day off during the week (week 1) Monday, Tuesday, Friday 9-5pm & Saturday 7-1pm (Week 2)
- Verifies each account in hospital registration system following all departmental procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Obtains and determines the coordination of benefits and accurately inputs into computer software.
- Clearly documents in computer system all communication with patients, family embers, insurance companies and physicians.
- Completes quality checks and the review of each account for correct information.
- Re-verifies denied accounts. Resubmits and completes process for appeal.
- Coordinates with insurance companies, patients, physicians, and/or employers to verify coverage, to notify of services and to obtain pre-certification and/or referral
- Coordinates discussions with physicians and physician’s staff and patients on status of account and actions that will be taken.
- Facilitates discussion with patients and/or families on patient’s financial responsibilities.
- Investigates all self pay, workers compensation, no fault and secondary coverage.
- Accurately completes all forms required for a complete verification and sends to
- appropriate entity, Medicaid requirements to Self Pay Company, 21 day notices to No Fault Carriers, ABN to out patient departments.
- Works with physician offices to ensure accurate CPT coding for authorizations and maximum payment of contracted rates.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Previous hospital experience in scheduling, registration or billing preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of medical terminology and strong customer service skills required.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.