CentraState Medical Center has an employment opportunity for a Volunteer Services Coordinator. The Volunteer Services Coordinator assists the Director of Volunteer & Guest Services in providing increased services throughout the CentraState Healthcare System. The Volunteer Services Coordinator provides assistance and strong customer service to volunteers, staff, patients, families, guests, and the community. The Volunteer Services Coordinator coordinates daily office operations and provides provides administrative support, reception, and volunteer personnel support andsupervision for Volunteer & Guest Services.
- Manages adult volunteer on-boarding process and annual requirements: application and clearance requirements (including background checks and health clearance forms), schedules interviews, assists with volunteer placement, schedules and manages orientation session logistics, finalizes arrangements/communications/training between department staff and volunteers to begin placement.
- Monitors volunteer needs and coverage to ensure that all departments have adequate coverage. Under the direction of the Director, arranges for substitute volunteers when necessary.
- Oversees daily operations of Volunteer Services department. Maintains organized, accurate documentation and records. Provides excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Works independently following management’s general instructions.
- Coordinates departmental volunteers, including assignments, delegation and follow up.
- Tracks and orders office supplies, volunteer uniforms, etc. Processes financial requests/orders/forms.
- Under the direction of the Director, coordinates recognition programs, trainings and events, special projects, student programs, and other customer service initiatives.
- Addresses customer service needs and concerns of volunteers, staff, patients, guests, and community. Problem solves and communicates needs and concerns effectively, professionally, and appropriately.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 3 to 5 years of secretarial experience in healthcare preferred
- Proficient in MS office, spreadsheets, and database management
- Ability to use standard office machines including copiers, multi-line phones and facsimile machines
- Strong writing ability with a working knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure
- Knowledge of business math. Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with and provide exceptional customer service to diverse groups while maintaining confidentiality
- Relationship builder; team oriented. Ability to multi-task, work independently,balance heavy work load, and manage time effectively
CentraState Healthcare System aims to enhance the health and well-being of our communities through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare. We are confident that you will find success within CentraState Healthcare System, which is Magnet Recognized and was designation a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work®. When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing in high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in healthcare, and making a difference in our community.
We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- Leading edge technology
- Great staff-to-patient ratio’s
- Career Development and Growth Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Retirement / Savings Programs
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Profit Sharing Program
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
Additionally, CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.