Applewood is a continuing care retirement community with 300+ residents is a warm and vibrant residential senior living community for people of ages 62 and older. We offer maintenance-free luxury cottages, senior apartments and a way of life that encourages health and well-being of the mind, body, and spirit. Residents enjoy the freedom to choose from ample on-site services and activities, or they can pursue hobbies and travel on their own without the responsibilities and stress of maintaining a home. We believe happiness at work starts with the facility and culture, which is why we are so proud of Applewood- an award-winning Senior Living Community located on 40 beautiful acres in historic Freehold, New Jersey. Our facility really is second to none, and we’ve topped it off with a warm and welcoming company culture, where your team feels more like family.
Our independent living dining is looking to hire an enthusiastic server to join our team. Your job will be to serve customers, and assist us in maintaining our dining room’s cleanliness. Some of your duties in this role may include: preparing fruits and vegetables and interacting with customers.
Healthcare experience is a plus, but we also train!
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work effectively in a team setting. You will also need to have strong communication skills and be adaptable in a fast-moving environment. Additionally, you should have a professional appearance and demeanor, as you will be responsible for representing our facility in a positive way when dealing with customers.
9:30A to 2:00P then return after break to work 3:00P to 7:00P
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and sanitary at all times.
- Sets up assigned area and maintains adequate supplies during shift.
- Presents and garnishes food in an attractive manner.
- Prepares food and beverages for all meals as assigned including catered events.
- Responsible for recording resident attendance at every meal.
- Follows daily scheduled utility cleaning guidelines as assigned.
- Adheres to State Sanitation codes and regulations.
- Documents dish machine temperatures according to department policy.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Two years culinary school or training preferred
- Basic command of English language (speaking, reading, writing) and basic math skills required to ensure correct perform duties, understanding and following instructions, dietary restrictions, etc for patient, resident and employee safety.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and customers.
- Must be able to adapt to circumstances that arise and be able to make decisions quickly to problem solve any issues that may develop.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.