CentraState Healthcare System, headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The System includes CentraState Medical Center , and a charitable foundation. As the 3rd largest employer in Monmouth County, CentraState Healthcare System continues to live up to its reputation of being a truly great place to work recently designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company.
Performs a variety of maintenance and engineering duties. Works independently within chosen trade to design, implement, and improve systems in accordance with codes and regulations. Serves as lead to a group of Maintenance Mechanics as assigned projects, teaches trade skills to other Mechanics, reviews and approves work of outside vendors, helps write specifications for bid work, and participates in quality assurance programs.
- Plans layout, fabricates and recommends material for installations.
- Recommends alternate methods of installation when appropriate.
- Ensures correct parts are ordered for assigned work and/or stock replenishment.
- Ensures quality parts are obtained for the best price.
- Accurately establishes and writes specifications.
- Reviews vendors bids and make appropriate vendor recommendations.
- Make punch lists as required of outside vendor projects.
- Works with vendors to resolve discrepancies of project related work.
- Ensures projects are completed to specifications prior to approving for payment.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct complex building system problems.
- Coordinates work with other employees and various trades to ensure successful completion of job.
- Conducts all scheduled rounds, tests and inspections as required.
- Participates in department’s quality control program.
- Utilizes effective teaching methods to teach specific trade skills to other members of the department.
- Other mechanics demonstrate an understanding of trade following instruction.
- Makes constructive recommendations for modification of preventive maintenance system.
- Assists in making decisions on all normal and minor repairs and reports major problems to Director or Manager.
- Is aware of own limitations and refers problems beyond scope of expertise to the Director or Supervisor.
- Reads blueprints or models accurately.
- Reads blueprints or models to learn work layout or plans own work layout, making routine computations as needed.
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs equipment, systems and facilities related to any craft or combination of same, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Maintains accurate and complete logs following departmental guidelines.
- Promptly responds to all emergency calls and drills. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Utilizes correct tools and appropriate safety measures when working with power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, sheet metal work, machinist work, painting, welding, masonry.
- Completes work assignments following proper techniques and departmental standards for quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of plant and specialty equipment (i.e.: sterilizers, dietary equipment, sprinkler systems, ice makers, and other plant and specialty equipment).
- Performs necessary service and repairs to equipment following manufacturer specifications.
- Ensures all work areas are kept clean and free of safety hazards (shops, mechanical rooms, patient areas, etc).
- Removes snow and ice when required to ensure the safety of CentraState patients, residents, employees, emergency personnel, and visitors. Based on population served, as well as nature and hours of operation, staff are required to be on site to perform this essential work extended hours and outside of regularly scheduled hours as needed.
- Is aware of, and follows applicable local, state and federal regulations.Exhibit the normal range of body motion.
- Transport loads up to 100 lbs.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions including hot, cold, or damp weather with exposure to noises, vibration, odors, and dust.
- Plan, layout and perform skilled assigned functions in electrical related activities.
- Work from diagrams, blueprints, plans, and specifications.
- Perform shop math.
- Operate power and hand tools and equipment used in electrical and related activities.
- Read, understand, interpret, and utilize Manufacturer’s drawings and specifications.
- Read, understand, interpret, and utilize technical manuals.
- Work with minimal supervision and use considerable initiative and judgment in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Completes assignments within allotted time frames
- Troubleshoots issues
- Follows safety procedures
- Assists managers and supervisors when needed
- Notifies supervisors or managers if there are issues
- Responds to emergencies
- Participates in snow ans ice removal duties
- Perfoms other departmental tasks
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required
10 Years Maintenance Experience Required
Health Care Institution Preferred
Additional Experience Requirements
Five of the 10 years of maintenance experience must be in the primary trade. Five years at CentraState with two at the Senior Mechanic level may substitute for two years of experience in trade. Three years of trade school or apprenticeship in trade may be substituted for three years of previous trade experience requirement
Licenses and Certifications:
State of NJ license or state recognized experience in primary trade is preferred.
Electrical background and certification.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally in English is required.
Must have a demonstrated expertise in primary trade, comprehensive understanding of plant operation, and skills in various trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical repairs.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.