Oversees the Infection Control program for the Medical Center.
- Acts as the “point person” for gathering, submitting, analyzing and presentation of Infection surveillance data such as Hospital Acquired Infection rates.
- Acts as resource to hospital personnel and community regarding infection control issues.
- Creates and interprets all hospital infection control policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with guidelines, standards and regulations noted above.
- Coordinates, implements, educates and oversees hospital wide infection control program.
- Develops and conducts in-service education programs, in conjunction with staff development, on subjects pertinent to infection control policies.
- Leverages the Infection Control data to develop procedural and clinical solutions.
- Maintains close communication with the employee health department regarding infection control related issues.
- Performs epidemiologic investigations of all significant infection problems and makes appropriate recommendations to staff and physicians.
- Co-chairs and facilitates the Hospital Infection Control committee including setting the agenda, creating and circulating the committee minutes.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Master’s Degree Preferred
Previous experience as a microbiologist or epidemiologist required.
Infection control experience strongly preferred.
Hospital infection control experience requirement.
Licenses and Certifications:
Infection Control certification (APIC) Required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with NJDOH, TJC, SHEA, APIC guidelines, OSHA, CMS and Joint Commission regulations required.
- Must be skilled at NHSN reporting.
- Strong data abstraction, submission, analysis and presentation skills required.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interperson skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
Works in a normal office environment with intermittent exposure to patients with contagious diseases.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Rarely
Typing/Filing – Frequently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.