If you’re looking to begin, transition, or further your career in the rewarding specialty of behavioral Health, this humanistic, highly patient-centered unit is for you. This acute, general behavioral health unit has nineteen blended beds, including twelve for voluntary patients and seven for involuntary patients. The Behavioral Health Unit team cares for adults 18 years and older who are experiencing acute illnesses, including and not limited to schizophrenia and psychotic spectrum disorders, depressive disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and trauma and stressor related disorders. Patients with co-occurring spectrum and addictive disorders are also treated in the unit. Experience becoming part of a cohesive, experienced, evidence-based MAGNET nursing team in this dynamic and rewarding multidisciplinary care environment.
The Licensed Clinical Psychologist participates as a multi-disciplinary team member performing psychological evaluations and testing, assists in the development of an outcome oriented patient plan of care, therapeutic programming and assists in monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of service through the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients’ individual needs.
- Affirms the patient’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the patients cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Interviews patients and/or family members as appropriate. Obtains a psycho-social history and assessment.
- Identifies situations indicating possible abuse, dependencies, growth and development problems, and sexual orientation issues.
- Formulates diagnostic impression by providing psychological evaluation and testing psychiatric inpatients as referred by attending psychiatrist or treatment team.
- Consults psychiatrist as appropriate.
- Coordinates treatment plan with other healthcare providers and outside agencies as appropriate.
- Develops appropriate treatment plan and priorities based on patient assessment and diagnosis and history of substance abuse.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Director to establish short term and long term goals for the department.
- Determines the patient’s progress or lack of progress toward goal achievement in conjunction with other healthcare providers and the patient.
- Appropriately revises treatment plan, priorities, and goals based on reassessment.
- Provides crisis intervention counseling.
- Effectively leads therapy sessions for individual patients, family and groups.
- Collaborates with other health care providers in planning and carrying out plans for providing services.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team treatment planning.
- Assesses the patient and family educational needs and abilities and provides appropriate education.
- Collaborates with various disciplines to provide appropriate instruction.
- Maintains knowledge of and professional relationship with agencies providing community and mental health services.
- Recognizes need for services and refers patients and/or family members to appropriate agencies.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses.
- Follows Standard Precautions.
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology Required
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Minimum of 2 Years working in a Clinical Setting Required
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist Required, must complete assigned education provided by Crisis Prevention Institute
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to administer and interpret psychological tests, including projective techniques and neuropsychological tests. Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times and was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company by Great Place to Work® for the second consecutive year.
When you bring your talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives, tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much more.
Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of the CentraState family!
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facility
At CentraState Healthcare System, we welcome and promote the diversity of our employee family! Each unique person contributes to the overall success of this organization. Our inclusive culture fosters an environment of professionalism and respect for personal differences.
CentraState Healthcare System, is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.